Futuro Media seeks an experienced full time audio engineer, with radio production skills, to record, edit and mix audio for its weekly audio properties, including NPR’s Latino USA and the podcast In The Thick. The Audio Engineer reports to the Production Manager at Futuro Media, with feedback from Senior Producers and the Senior Editors.
- Mixing segments produced in-house and by outside contributors using audio elements and scripts.
- Evaluating sound quality of all audio elements used to produce segments, and advising production staff as needed on problem-solving on audio elements with sound quality issues.
- Engineering recording sessions in an in-house recording studio to NPR production standards. This includes host tracks, in-person interviews and interviews done through an ISDN line, as well as tracking sessions with other production staff and with outside contributors.
- Editing of audio for content, sound quality and length, in consultation with appropriate show production staff.
- As necessary, assist with other production tasks involving recording, editing and mixing of all shows and their audio elements.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment, hardware and software related to recording and mixing audio for the show, as well as that of the in-house recording booth.
- Manage workflow and weekly delivery of show elements via FTP. Prepare needed modules and upload all deliverables to Content Depot (NPR show distribution service).
- Assembly, mixing and mastering of complete podcast and broadcast episodes of Futuro audio properties.
- Master, bounce, convert, and upload final show and promotional audio and descriptions to digital broadcast and podcast depots (Content Depot, Seamus, NPR).
- Reliable ear for music choices in terms of tone, dynamism, and lyrical content (spanish-english bilingual very helpful)
- Fill Billboard, Music Beds, Promotional Space, and any air between pieces using Futuro Media’s music library
- Assemble audio promotions for Futuro Media and NPR-related content.
- Production of live events for Futuro Media audio properties.
- Three to five years of experience engineering recording sessions for public radio, or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Pro Tools editing software and use of plug-ins, preferably versions 11 and 12 (familiarity with earlier versions, back to version 7, also desired).
- Excellent mixing and audio processing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely to other production team members.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Passion for the medium of audio storytelling.
- Familiarity with standards, styles and developments in public radio and podcasting.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Familiarity with Latin music a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email with the subject “Futuro Media Audio Engineer Position” to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
Futuro Media is a diverse work environment and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply.