Location: The Futuro Media Group (New York, NY)
This Senior Producer position oversees the editorial and production process of In The Thick, working alongside the show’s co-hosts to form and own the editorial vision behind this award-winning POC political podcast. The Senior Producer is responsible for shaping and deciding the editorial voice of the podcast. This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the production process of In The Thick, including managing workflow and deadlines, show planning, recordings and bookings
- Run regular production meetings
- Oversee tracking of show co-hosts (both in Harlem and remotely)
- Oversee programming pipeline to ensure execution of podcasts in a timely manner
- Assist and coordinate with web, marketing and development to ensure that they have all elements needed to maintain In The Thick content online and keep development abreast of relevant In The Thick endeavors;
- Participate in editing of all In The Thick podcasts
- Edit audio and copy as needed
- Leadership role in podcast meetings, planning, and problem solving
- Work with the Senior Manager, Production and Operations and Development Department to develop budgets and grant proposals.
- Work with FMG leadership to create a sustainable, growing, and thriving organization
- Work with other FMG products (Latino USA, Latino Rebels) to ensure well-integrated cross-collaboration and promotion.
Success in the Job Will Require:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and effective communication across all departments
- Experience in a nimble podcast environment that is based on news headlines deeper topics impacting POC
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Excellent journalism and podcast instincts
- Sensitivity to reporting on untold stories, underreported communities and cutting edge storytelling
- Sensitivity to a workplace environment committed to diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three or more years of radio reporting/producing experience
- Experience managing people
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Understanding of current trends in public, commercial, and digital media
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Exceptional skills in diplomacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure to meet deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor
DEADLINE AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Cover letter stating qualifications, resume, and contact information for two (2) references must be submitted to be considered for this position. One of your references should be someone who has worked with you in an editorial capacity.
To apply, please send your application materials via email with the subject “In The Thick Senior Producer Position” to email@example.com.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.